IC3 and the Ethereum Foundation Conducted our Second Immersive Weeklong Coding and Learning Experience in Blockchains and Smart Contracts with World-leading Professors, Open Source Developers and Students. See a summary of the 2016 Boot Camp here.
We are thankful for the generous sponsorship of this Boot Camp by Chain, Cisco, Fidelity Labs, JP Morgan & Chase, Microsoft, Neural Capital, Tendermint, 21.co and Yellowstone Pathology.
COMMENTS from PARTICIPANTS
"The Boot Camp was excellent! It was a unique and awesome experience to spend the week working alongside, and learning from, renowned blockchain researchers and so many experts from the Ethereum community." – Brian Schroeder, Blockchain Engineer, J.P. Morgan
"Writing secure smart contracts in Solidity, finding ERC20 token exploits, and learning new professional security auditing techniques were all very insightful activities. I wish we had extra time in the day to work on more than one project! The Boot Camp was great!" – Mark Barrasso, Software Engineer, Cisco
PHOTOS from the AWARDS CELEBRATION DINNER
2017 AWARDS – COURTESY of the ETHEREUM FOUNDATION
- 1st prize: $256 of ETH. "Towards a K Semantics of the EVM" – Team Leader: Everett Hildenbrandt from UIUC.
- 2nd prize: 10,000 DOGE. "Writing Secure Smart Contracts." Team leader: Phil Daian from Cornell
- 3rd prize: Undisclosed quantity of UET (Useless Ethereum Tokens). “ETH-ETC Peace Relay” - Loi Luu (NUS) and Nate Rush (Berkeley).
- Honorable Mention: Undisclosed quantity of UET (Useless Ethereum Tokens). “Frontrunning Bancor” - Haseeb Qureshi and Preethi Kasireddy.
One team member from each of these four teams receives a conference pass and travel grant to present at DevCon3 in Cancun!
OTHER BOOT CAMP PROJECTS
- Distributed Key Generation for HoneyBadger BFT Team Leader: Andrew Miller
- Town Crier Applications Team leader: Ethan Cecchetti
- White-Hat Blockchain Hacks Team leader: Ari Juels
- Offline Payment Channels with SGX Team leaders: Ittay Eyal and Iddo Bentov
- A Bitcoin SPV client using zkSNARK Team Leader: Andrew Miller and Ahmed Kosba
- Trustless Atomic Trades Between Ethereum and Zcash Team leaders: Ariel Gabizon and Jay Graber
- A New Ivy-Based Higher-Level Language for Ethereum Team leaders: Dan Robinson, Boyma Fahnbulleh